My Sisters Place is an independent specialist ‘One Stop Shop’ for women aged 16 or over and have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence. Established in 2002 we are committed to working in partnership to tackle domestic violence.
Our approach is rooted in an understanding of the gendered nature of violence against women and girls, and recognises the way intersecting factors such as age, ethnicity, sexuality and disability can affect women’s experiences and the journey through recovery. Women and children havea right to live free from all forms of violence and abuse, and society has a duty to recognise and defend this right. My Sister’s Place takes this responsibility seriously and works with a wide range of partners to generate the best outcomes for women and children.
To deliver accessible, effective, specialist services that are informed and evaluated by service users experiences promoting individual freedom and quality of life.
To explore new and innovative ways to address domestic violence issues with a range of partners, and share best practice locally and nationally.
To challenge inequality in access to safety, justice, health and wellbeing, and campaign for change to shape future policy and practice.
To work with the wider community through education and community involvement to create a cultural shift in a zero tolerance of domestic abuse, and better equip families to protect one another.
- November 23, 2017DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE / MY SISTERS PLACE
- September 28, 2017EVENTS / GOLF DAY
- December 12, 2016CORPORATE SUPPORT / DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE / MY SISTERS PLACE
- August 15, 2016DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE / MY SISTERS PLACE / Uncategorized
- August 3, 2016DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE / MY SISTERS PLACE / Uncategorized
- July 28, 2016DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE / MY SISTERS PLACE / Uncategorized