My Sisters Place is an independent specialist ‘One Stop Shop’ for women aged 16 or over have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence. Established in 2002 we are committed to working in partnership to tackle domestic violence.
Our approach is rooted in an understanding of the gendered nature of violence against women and girls, and recognises the way intersecting factors such as age, ethnicity, sexuality and disability can affect women’s experiences and the journey through recovery. Women and children have a right to live free from all forms of violence and abuse, and society has a duty to recognise and defend this right. My Sister’s Place takes this responsibility seriously and works with a wide range of partners to generate the best outcomes for women and children.
- Our Vision
To end domestic violence
- My Sisters Place Mission Statement
“It is our mission to tackle all forms of violence and abuse against women through the delivery of accessible support services, education, advocacy, and leading the way to social change. We are committed to safeguarding families, strengthening communities and challenging inequalities to individual safety, justice, health and well-being”.
- Our Purpose
- To deliver accessible, effective, specialist services that are informed and evaluated by service users experiences promoting individual freedom and quality of life.
- To explore new and innovative ways to address domestic violence issues with a range of partners, and share best practice locally and nationally.
- To challenge inequality in access to safety, justice, health and wellbeing, and campaign for change to shape future policy and practice.
- To work with the wider community through education and community involvement to create a cultural shift in a zero tolerance of domestic abuse, and better equip families to protect one another.
- How do we work
My Sisters Place delivers a range of services with a view to improving safety, access to justice and health and well-being of women and their children. All our interventions although varied in their application contribute to a holistic approach, to achieving three core outcomes.
- Social Justice
- Health and Well-being
See Our Services for more information on the work we do.