The Freedom Programme takes place over 6 weeks during term time and school hours and each session lasts for 3 hours.
The programme aims to help women understand and make sense of the abuse they have experienced and helps women who might be concerns about their relationship to recognise abusive behaviour where they might be present. It examines the behaviour and power and control tactics used by male partners, as well as the attitudes and belief they may have about male and female roles, and how we respond as victims and survivors.
To book a place please contact us on 01642 241864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Its only when you exercise your right to choose that you can also exercise your right to change”
What is the programme about?
The programme is forward looking and aims to provide insight and awareness into a range of topics that can help you re-build your life after experiencing abuse. The programme will increase your knowledge and life skills that will help support you to make positive changes as you move forward in your life.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships with ourselves and others
- Learning about physical and emotional boundaries and why they are important
- Understanding our personal rights in relationships
- Understanding Stress Responses and how to manage anxiety
- Introduction to assertiveness
- Understand different communication styles
- Learning how to say no in different situations
- Understanding how to setting goals for the future and how to achieve them
- Learn how to problem solve
How long in the course?
The course is 6 x 3 hour workshops
Where are the courses held?
All programmes are run from our office on Borough Road.
How many people may be on the programme?
Groups run between 7 – 15 people and can vary in size. When the group commences other people are unable to join.
How do I book a place on the course?
Contact the Counselling team on 01642 256 036 or email email@example.com expressing your interest in the Choices Programme
Dates for the next Choices Programme
There are no further dates for 2017.
Please contact 01642 256 036 for 2018 programme dates.