VolunteeringMy Sisters Place
Considering volunteering for My Sisters Place but not sure how?
Feel you have skills and experience that you would like to share to benefit others?
Would like to work in the women’s/voluntary sector?
Want to offer some of our spare time to make a difference?
If your answer to any of the above is yes, then why not consider volunteering with us. This can be a very rewarding experience and there are many ways in which you can volunteer to support the work we do and the women we work with.
To volunteer for My Sisters Place we ask that you:
- Have a commitment to tackling domestic violence and supporting women who have experienced abuse.
- Have a non-judgemental, sensitive and supportive approach.
- Are able to work within strict confidentiality procedures holding sensitive information appropriately.
- Are able to offer full day a week to spend on the charity’s activities.
- Able to engage and interact with a range of people and adapt to different situations.
- Have basic computer skills and good organisational abilities.
We offer you:
- Extensive training and mentoring so you feel comfortable and confident in your volunteer role.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team delivering responsive services to women in Middlesbrough.
- An environment you to use your skills and abilities to support women in a positive way.
- An opportunity to support and accompany women to vital appointments such as attending court.
- To take part in the charities fundraising activities.
If you are interested in offering us and the women, we support some of your time and would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities please complete the application form.
Work Based Placements
Are you looking for a work-based placement?
We support work-based placements for courses e.g. social work, nursing, midwifery and these may be available via your training organisation or course provider. Please check with your university/college to see if any formal agreements are in place.
Please see our Placement Opportunities page or if you have any general enquiries regarding work based placements please use the contact form on this page.
To meet our standards criteria both trainee and qualified practitioners must complete the following My Sisters Place specialist training:
- ‘TIME’ Training
- 8 Days training in: ‘Working Therapeutically with Survivors of Abuse’
- Service induction training
All training and supervision throughout the placement are provided free of charge as part of MSP’s Clinical Placement offer to successful applicants.
My Sisters Place Counselling and Therapeutic Services work within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
‘My Sisters Place Counselling and Therapeutic Services providing clinical placements opportunities for trainees since 2007’
If you would like to make an enquiry about any of our services, have any questions please complete the contact form below and we will reply as soon as possible.
Alternatively, if you prefer to speak to us directly, please call us: